Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day 358

Free-heart
Let him be past all his past relationships, his heart free from resentment, pining, and unfinished business.

It took me three years to get over him.

Mistakenly, I dated men throughout the process.  I tried to heal myself through them, both directly and indirectly.

Directly, I tried to change them, suffering from comparing everything they were doing to everything that had been done.  Trying to let their love and acceptance and validation overwhelm the unmovable rejection and hurt.  The more I tried to heal from their love the worse the hurt became, and the more I tried to change them in a preemptive attempt to prevent the coming end of the relationship.

And even through it all sometimes I would think, "I really miss him." While someone else held me, wishing that it was him instead, cheating my current beau out of purity and devotion.  My mind wandered, my heart still too deep in my past to give to anyone else.

And because I've worked on my heart, my obedience to God, set my determination to let myself be loved by Him, I ask for this in a husband.  I pray for a man who has devoted His life and His heart to God.  Someone who has spent time relinquishing the past.  Someone who harbors no hurt feelings.  I do not wish for someone perfect, but someone who is ready to give his heart to me with no discrepancies, no unreal expectations, and no attachments.  A freed heart.

You can't give your heart to someone new when it belongs to someone else.  Rule one.  Rule two is, you shouldn't let someone into your heart until you've given it completely to God.  Give it, as broken as it may have been, giving the peace back to the Healer, letting Him bandage the wounds.  Letting Him heal your heart.  Not expecting me to do that for you.  Not wishing you were still with her.  Not seeing her out and wishing that was you beside her.

Two hearts, new to each other, would do well to release all hurt prior to their meeting, so that availability to be loved can be met with a freshness and a chance to bloom.