Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 26

The sun shined down on us as we snuggled on his couch.  His smile alone sent waves of happiness through me.  He sat next to me, and I could feel the warmth of his body against mine.  His embrace was strong.  He nuzzled my neck, and pulled away with a soft kiss.  We were both laughing, and I felt how much he cared for me, and I was warm and happy.  And I could only feel love.


But I awoke to darkness.  No sunlight.  And I only felt cold.  I could still see his eyes and hear his laugh.  The image of him taunted me.  My pain was so heavy I felt myself sink deeper into bed, trying to suffocate myself under the blankets.

The darkness in my heart was matched only by the deep longing for his presence.  Dreams can be so cruel.

As my day pressed on, it only became worse, and I felt overcome.

The last three days have been the most difficult yet.

And I am more determined than ever to push on.  I'm not giving in or giving up.  Period.