Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 24

Me, myself, and I.
So frustrated, so sad, so lonely...so angry.

How do I learn how to be a friend?

How do I force myself to be a committed friend?  Or will laziness always get in the way?

Will anyone ever be committed to me?  Or will things like husbands, boyfriends, families, work, school, laziness, better-things-to-do, and life always get in the way?

Dear Friends, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, and The Big Bang Theory—are you realty?  Because that's what I want.  A core group of friends that I see on a regular basis who can share in and want to be in my life.

But I don’t live in the same building with anyone, few people live in my same zip code, none of my friends I work with live close to me, and I don’t have a roommate.  I don’t appreciate you showcasing these people eating dinner together and hanging out as often as you do, because it makes me want something unrealistic.  I want to be able to pick up the phone, say, “Let’s grab a quick cup of coffee,” not have the other person feel pressured, but rejoice in wanting to spend 15 minutes with me, and, dear God, let me be a better friend!

…let me be a better friend.