Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 2

About a year ago, God gave me this scripture.


Little did I know when I received it I was about to go through the most miserable time of my life.

I feel as if God stripped everything He could outwardly of me in this last year.

Your boyfriend is a Pharisee. Strip.
You are prideful. Strip.
You idolize your church. Strip.
You are dependent. Strip.
You idolize relationships. Strip.
You have been lied to. Strip.

I prayed a prayer a long time ago for Him to recreate a new heart in me.  He began last year with the outward and continues this year with the inward.  He stripped away the bad, and now it's time to rebuild.  He and I have traveled a long road together, and to think it's only begun is terrifyingly overwhelming.  Sometimes I think I can't do, or won't do, but in my heart I know what's right.

Today was a lonely day.  But I am being renewed each and every minute.  Healing takes time.  And I will never go wrong surrendering to or being obedient to God.