Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 174

Toast.

Slightly burnt.  Fixed with cold grape jelly.

This mix reminds me of a very different time.  Over miles and decades, I find memories of who I was then.

Living at home in California.  Mom and Dad waking up early and sharing breakfast with us.  Eggs, bacon, sausage, and singed toast.  My favorite.

And tonight, I sat and nibbled on the crisp crusts I had accidentally created, and reflected over a jar of grape goodness.

Life has changed so much from then to now, and especially since November.  My life, my heart continues to change, continues to grow.
 
In nine days I'll be celebrating my half-way point—six months of singleness.

With how much has changed in six months, I am excited to continue the journey, anticipating the end.  Not to date—because, ironically, if this challenge has taught me anything, dating becomes a mere afterthought—but because of the development that has happened in a time dedicated to a relationship with God.

So much more to come!  Every day feels like a new beginning.


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17).

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away (Revelation 21:4).

Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much (Luke 7:47).