Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 100

The last few days two weeks I've woken up thinking:

You know, I just don't feel like being alive today.


And not in a suicidal way, but in a way that I just don't feel like going through life.  I feel...weak, resigned, distant, meek, and exhausted.

Exhausted is a perfect way to describe me.

I feel like I've been on auto-pilot for the last few weeks.  Doing everything mechanically, like a robot.  Oversleep, be mad I oversleep, drive through horrendous traffic to get to work, coming home, taking care of dogs, laying down, not being able to get a full night's sleep.  All to repeat it.  Smiling rarely throughout it all.  The joy of precious moments is stolen from me.

My joy has been fleeting.

How do I hang onto it?

Sunday was the peak of this feeling for me.  I could barely muster a smile.  I couldn't even fake one.  I couldn't bear to smile or laugh or listen.

All of those required too much energy.

And the last few nights I've been happy just staring at a wall.

A wall has become my entertainment.

What has come over me?  What is this funk?  Not to mention my body is quitting on me in more ways than one.  I feel like I'm disappointing people by not being able to spend time with them.  I've been single for a 100 days.

I've been single for a hundred days.

I would have rejoiced at this day a few weeks ago.

God, where has my joy gone?  And what is this foul emotionlessness that has replaced it?

I miss the old me.  I miss the joy brought by loving You.  But I still love You.  So why am I so stoic?  So empty?  So zoned out?

What is wrong with me?