Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 15

I asked God what I should read last night, and He said, “Find your way to Nahum.”

Okay, God, what’s in Nahum?

I flipped through pages and made it to that book, but it wasn’t Nahum where I was supposed to be.  My eyes paused on the end of Micah, on the below verse.

Where is another God like you, who pardons the guilt of the remnant, overlooking the sins of his special people?  You will not stay angry with your people forever, because you delight in showing unfailing love.  Once again you will have compassion on us.  You will trample our sins under your feet and throw them into the depths of the ocean!  You will show us your faithfulness and unfailing love as you promised to our ancestors Abraham and Jacob long ago. Micah 7:18-20

And last night’s verse was answered with today’s worship music.

Who is like the Lord, nobody.
Who is like the Lord, no, no, no, no, no, nobody.
Who is like the Lord, nobody.
Who is like the Lord, no, no, no, no, no, nobody.

My ears perked.  God, You just told me that last night!

Yeah, I did, were you listening?

As the music continued, Fellowship played one of my favorite hymns.  Before I was saved, I loved this song.  The melody itself captivated me.  And now it means even more to me.

Great is thy faithfulness! Great is thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed thy hand hath provided;
Great is thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

When I hear it I’m transported back to the place I was in my life when I first heard it.  I look at myself now.  Because of God, I am so very different.  Everything good I am, I am because of Him, and only because of Him. He was and still is so very faithful to me.

And now as I turn my computer off to head to bed, I fall asleep listening to Christina Perri’s A Thousand Years, and I hear a love song, a conversation between me and God.




Jamie
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow
I have died everyday waiting for you

God
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more
And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I love you for a thousand more
I have died every day waiting for you