![]() |
| It's good to see them smile. |
For the first time ever, I Skyped with my parents.
I miss them so much.
It’s incredible.
Dad asked, “So how many days left in your year?”
“Sixteen.”
There was a pause, and then he asked, “…you got anyone in mind?”
Turned my head, and thought. “No, no one in mind…but, after all this, he’s going
to have to be pretty amazing.”
Mom chimed in, “That’s too bad ‘cause I married the last
amazing one...Dad's one of a kind.”
#sweetestthingiveheardhersay
Then she said, “Maybe you should start easy. Don’t worry about commitment. Just be friends first. Go younger…”
Dad laughed, “Naomi, she doesn't want a boy who thinks he can, she wants a man who knows
he can…”
“Are you quoting Spice Girls?” Mom asked.
Dad just laughed.
I love my parents.
God is amazing. He
has brought us to this amazing point where I don’t think I could love them any
more than I already do. He’s opened
doors I thought were long closed, locked.
But here we are.
I’m living my life, my parents are supportive, and can
even joke about parts of it. They’re
proud of me, even though I never turned out to be better. To make more money. To be smarter. They’re proud of the me that I am.
I miss them so much, and wonder how much longer of my
life will be spent in Memphis…
.png)